Want to Start Working After Graduation?

It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for, all that hard work listening through lectures and cramming all-nighters has paid off; it’s time for graduation! But then what? You’ve just completed your program, which may or may not have included a co-op/internship, nonetheless you want to get into a workplace and use the years of knowledge you’ve gained to good use. Luckily for you, a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) may be the perfect gateway to your new-found passion.


    Unfortunately, your 2-month language course won’t qualify you in obtaining this work permit. You may be eligible if you have completed a full-time course which was at least 8 months in length, at a qualified designated learning institution. But, the clock is ticking. To apply, you have 180 days from the date you’ve received a confirmation that you have completed your studies.


      If you’ve been studying for less than 2 years but more than 8 months, a PGWP will be issued within the same duration of your studies. So, if you’ve studied for 2 years, you’ll work for 2 years. If your program was longer than 2 years, you may be issued a work permit up to a maximum of 3 years.


        There are many requirements in obtaining the PGWP such as being in the correct status and graduating from an eligible program. Contact us now for a full list of the requirements and to see if you qualify.

        Ready to immigrate to Canada?

        There are many different avenues you could take in immigrating to Canada, whether that may be temporarily or permanently. Complete our assessment to help us calculate your needs and eligibility and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

        WHY US?

        YourVisa.ca is an established Canadian immigration firm located in Toronto. Are you ready to study, work or live in Canada? Allow us to make this important transition in your life as smooth as possible. Our attention to detail and perfection produces high-quality cases with exceptional approval rates.

        GET SOCIAL